Pages

Monday 18 February 2013

Erica's Nails & More Feb. Nail Art Challenge, Day 7!! Inspired By A Tutorial!

Hello!! Day 7 of the nail art challenge here!

Today's theme is "inspired by a tutorial".

Here is the tutorial I picked, found on Simple Nail Art Tips, a webpage belonging to a friend of mine :) http://www.simplenailarttips.com/nail-art/simple-rainbow-on-matte-black-nail-art-tutorial

Original Design by: Sun Dancer: http://solensdanserinde.blogspot.ca/2011/09/awesome-rainbow.html 

Here is my take on it: I used GOSH Nero as my base and mattified it with NYC Matte Me Crazy. Then I added the rhinestones using a dotting tool and the matte top coat as glue. I got my rhinestones from www.bornpretty.com :) I highly recommend them!


Then I thought it needed some "oomph" but I knew with all the shovelling I had to do today (we had a MASSIVE snowstorm) that a full mani of rhinestones wasn't going to hold up. So instead I just added them to the pinkies & added Finger Paints Twisted (My untried!) to the other nails. I like how it turned out. I loooooove Twisted. Who doesn't love rainbow flakies!?


What do you think about my take on the tutorial? I kinda like it! I'm a fan of rainbow, matte, and flakies! Haha!

Thanks for reading and don't forget to check out the other awesome nail art!



2 comments:

  1. I love this!!! Especially when you added the oomph of mroe rhinestones and FLAKIES! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! Three of my favorite things: black, rainbows, and SHINY STUFF. It looks so awesome in matte! <3

    ReplyDelete