Pages

Wednesday 8 August 2012

Pam's Girly Bits Arctic Sunrise AKA The Love Of My Life. *PIC HEAVY*

Hi polish people!

Here is one of my new favourite polishes. I already know it is going to be a favourite of mine for 2012, and probably OF ALL TIME. This is Arctic Sunrise, by Pam's Girly Bits! A beautiful and flattering sky blue base packed full of large particle pink/fuchsia glass fleck shimmer and to my eye, the shimmer can also appear sort of golden at some angles. I love everything about it.

This is three coats, and topcoat as I wore this as a full manicure because I loved it so much. The first coat was a little sheer, the second was opaque enough for a mani.. but a third coat really adds depth and makes it look amazing! I recommend using three coats for the best possible look. I also recommend using thinner coats and waiting a few minutes between each one to avoid dragging. The payoff of this polish is worth three coats. It is GORGEOUS. That shimmer is visible and strong in every light.. even from afar you can see it gleaming pink and fuschia-ish. The contrast between the colours is perfect. My pictures actually don't do it justice at all. I was frustrated I couldn't capture the entirety of it's beauty in picture form. Besides a little bit of dragging (fixed by waiting a minute or two between coats), application was very good and I liked the consistency of the polish.

These first few pictures are in the shade!






These next few are in the sun <3 I love the little jewels on Pam's bottles. Such a nice unique touch!







These last few are inside the house! Pink shimmer STILL GOIN' STRONG!



I might also be a little biased towards this polish because I work in the Arctic and the sunrise is one of my favourite things about it. In the summertime, there is very little darkness, this month I was getting about two hours of darkness.. mostly dusk. The sun would "set" around 2AM and come back up around 3:30AM .. I happened to work at 3AM so I would go and sit outside.. and watch the sun come up over the tundra. It truly is one of the most beautiful things my eyes have ever (and probably will ever) see. I think I took for granted how beautiful it was. Only a handful of people get to experience the beauty that is northern Canada and I consider myself very lucky to be one of them.

Here is a picture of the sunrise one morning, I wish I had a photo on a clearer day so you could see more blue sky.. but you get the drift.


Look how perfectly the polish captures the essence of the Arctic Sunrise... the blue of the sky... the gold of the sun.... and the pink glaring.. some mornings that pink would fill up the whole sky, mixing in with the blue.. just gorgeous.. like the polish! Pam did an amazing job with this polish.. it is BANG ON! and it will always have a special place in my heart <3 I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I think I may even need a backup bottle.. or two. Every time I look at it I get nostalgic for the north... plus it is absolutely stunning.

I wore this as a full manicure with Seche Vite topcoat for five full days and only had minimal tip wear, no actual chips. Also I am pretty rough on my hands so I am confident saying this is a high quality and long lasting polish.

You can buy Arctic Sunrise from Pam's website HERE and also at Llarowe HERE. I recommend grabbing a bottle of this baby for sure!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty color! I'm drooling over all that pink shimmer. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That shimmer really makes it stand on a whole different level from my other blue polishes!! I love it so much!

      Delete