Pages

Tuesday 19 June 2012

The Real Jawbreaker Mani featuring Pretty & Polished

Howdy :)

This is my second time using Pretty & Polished Jawbreaker, and I still love the look of this polish! 

Today's manicure had some inspiration, the first being this awesome movie that came out in 1999. I was only nine-ish years old when this movie came out and it actually scared me a little! I've since watched it again in my teen years and loved it. Hahaha Hilarious movie.

Photo Source
The second inspiration was THIS POST on www.nailpolishwars.com that features the awesome idea of splattering Pretty & Polished Jawbreaker to make it look like the actual Jawbreakers that I used to covet as a kid, and also that are featured in that awesome movie! Haha I loved the idea so much I thought I would try and recreate it!

First up, a picture of Jawbreaker on its own.. awesomesauce right?


I haven't splattered before so this was my first try, and look at the mess I made!!!!! For the most part I totally missed my nails and just got the polish ALL OVER my hands. I pretty much had to take a cloth full of acetone to my hands after this :\


For the splatters I used Orly Green Apple, Color Club Almost Famous, Gosh Blue Balloon, & China Glaze Poinsettia! The green and yellow stained my cuticles a little, in retrospect I should have used some vaseline or something on them beforehand.. but all in all I think it turned out pretty good!!!!! In my opinion I think it looks like the real jawbreakers :]





And there you have it!! One of my favourite polishes & my first try at splattering in one post! I like the look a lot and got some compliments on it too :)

*Once again I got the idea for this mani from this post on www.nailpolishwars.com*

No comments:

Post a Comment