Pages

Sunday 17 June 2012

Nerd Lacquer Beggars Canyon - Swatch

Hi! 

Today I am wearing another Nerd Lacquer. I feel kind of stupid posting these when they aren't available right now. Amanda, the creator behind Nerd Lacquer has, for a lack of a better word, disappeared from the Nail Polish Scene. I really hope she comes back.. her creations were the first indies that I fell in love with, purchased, and they are truely nerd-tastic. 

Even though this polish isn't available right now, I'm blogging about it because it is Fathers Day and the polish is inspired by Star Wars and more obviously Beggars Canyon! My dad introduced me to Star Wars before I could even sit up on my own, and I love him for that. I will forever be grateful to my Dad for making me a Star Wars geek. I watch it almost every night when I try to fall asleep. Almost everything I believe in is because of Star Wars. Yes, I know I have got to tone down my nerdiness sometimes. Anyway, Dad and I will be celebrating the day by watching Star Wars and having some BBQ (I got him a new tank of propane for the special day... God I am such a practical daughter).

Anyway, Beggars canyon is located on the desert planet of Tatooine. The Skywalker's are among a small handful of pilots capable of navigating themselves through a number of the obstacles located in the canyon such as the stone needle! I love Star Wars, I love the Skywalkers, and I love this polish.

Its a dark toned gold base, more of a bronze colour actually.. stuffed with gold and purple micro glitter and medium/larger hexes. Application was great, this is two coats and one coat of SV. That is something I did notice about Nerd Lacquer, they are really smooth with only one coat of topcoat for me.





I love it because it almost manages to be kind of a neutral while still being awesome and blingy. I hope Nerd Lacquer comes back soon :( Anyway, this is my Dad-inspired Manicure for the day. I'm going to go watch Star Wars with my Dad now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment