Pages

Wednesday 20 June 2012

Retro Polka Dot Nail Art :)

Herroh :)

I'm really needing to get called back to work and it is kind of depressing, so today I am in need for a happy manicure.. so I set out on a mission to create one!

I think I finally mastered doing polka dots on my nails. I absolutely love the way this manicure turned out! Usually my dots are misshaped and unequal and not in straight lines but I think the practice is paying off! It's not perfect but I like it a lot.

I started with two coats of China Glaze Stone Cold, a charcoal grey matte from the Capitol Colours Collection. Then I added polka dots in diagonal lines with a medium sized dotting tool, in order from bottom to top of my nail with:
Color Club Twiggie
China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy
China Glaze Sun Worshiper
Orly Glowstick
Color Club Warhol
Color Club Pucci-licious

I went over the dots twice to make sure they popped against the grey, and were nice, shiny and opaque. I like the way the shiny dots look against the matte background. Here are some pictures!






I think it looks retro and kind of funky, which I think is awesome. I like it a lot, it has certainly cheered me up! I hope you like it too :)

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I am so shocked to be the only one commenting on this awesome mani. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D I have been practicing my dotting :]

      Delete