Pages

Sunday 20 May 2012

Zoya Zuza - Swatch

Herrrrroh!

Here is the only polish I have from the Zoya Summer Beach\Surf collections. It's the one that is getting the most attention: Zuza. What a sassy name. Zoya doesn't ship to Canada so it is more tricky for me to get a hold of. Nail Polish Canada sells Zoya for $8.75 and I've had really good experiences shopping with them. They also have been getting their collections in faster than they used to, which I am happy about.

***Side note: Every time I email\tweet\FB Zoya about whether they have future plans to ship to Canada I get zero response. Absolutely nothing. Zip. Zilch. Nada. Not even a "No plans as of yet" or anything. Even if the answer is no I would still like to be aware, 'tis why I asked! I gave up on asking quite a while ago now. I wish they'd respond to my legitimate question as fast as they respond to their Facebook page about what they did on the weekend. Ok, end rant and here are some pictures of Zuza!



Zoya describes Zuza as "Deep, saturated, oceanic turquoise with gold and silver metallic shimmer and a foil-like finish. A beachy, colorful, foil-like shade with the perfect balance between blue and green." and I think it is pretty bang on.


For me, it definitely applied like a foil, and not a shimmer. Mine was slightly chunky but with a second coat it was perfect. It looks to my eyes to have much more silver than gold shimmer but it gives it a glowy shimmery shine and tons of depth. It really is a great balance between blue and green, I wouldn't be able to choose whether it is a blued-green or a greened-blue. I'm going to go with Goldilocks here and say it's just right.

I think Zuza is unique and perfect for the season, and if the rest of the collection looks anything like this on the nail, I'll have to make another purchase! Im keeping my eyes on Kimber and Carley!

No comments:

Post a Comment