Pages

Thursday 17 May 2012

NARS Kutki - Re Swatch & Comparison Post!

Hello!

Finally a sunny day outside today and I knew that I had to give more love to NARS Kutki since my pictures last post did not do it justice at all. I also thought I would compare it to some of the other light blues in my stash.

This is three coats, even though two is usually enough for me (completely user error, oops) of just Kutki in the sun :)
This re-swatch shows how vibrant it is much better :) I've been wearing this colour a lot since I bought it. I still love the colour. However I did find a flaw with all my usage lately... the cap. Its square, looks beautiful, stores nicely, but it is very awkward to paint with. I wish it was like the Dior bottles that still look adorable but pop off and reveal a user friendly brush handle.


Pretty right? And here is the comparison.. and I think it shows why I needed this polish, even for 18 dollars. This is indoors unfortunately so say hello to my red lobster hands!


Pinky: 2 coats of Joe Fresh Wave
Ring: 3 coats of NARS Kutki
Middle: 2 coats of Sally Hansen InstaDri Blue Away
Index: 3 coats of China Glaze Kinect Candy.

So, I don't have any dupes. Joe Fresh Wave is considerably more pastel, while China Glaze Kinect Candy seems a touch more green and muted than NARS. Sally Hansen Blue Away comes close hue-wise but isn't nearly as vibrant. It also has a much worse formula (and a wonky thick brush). Keep in mind NARS is about 12 dollars more expensive than the SH though.

Anyway... to my eyes.. I needed Kutki. I have been imagining this colour in my head for awhile and I think it was worth the money!

No comments:

Post a Comment