Pages

Tuesday 29 May 2012

Hello Kitty Nail Art :)

Hello! 
Today I have some Hello Kitty nail art on my paws! (Get it? Paws... hahaha).
My sister and I used to love the TV show when we were kids and now we still collect little trinkets and notebooks adorned with Hello Kitty's famous face! She is just so cute and positive :) "Happiness comes in all colours of the rainbow!" (That was against every natural bitter bone in my body). Today I chose the colour pink because that is the colour Hello Kitty wears :)

It was mostly inspired by this cute little hello kitty nail polish I picked up at Old Navy near the cash on sale for $2.00. It doubles as a necklace..(not that I would wear it) and it is obviously meant for little kids.. but I couldn't resist haha! Its a Pink jelly with silver hex glitters but is so sheer it could probably not build up to opacity :(


My index finger is about 2 coats of Milani Gold (I kind of blobbed it around to cover the entire nail).

The middle finger is 2 coats of OPI Mod About You, then I picked hexes out of the Hello Kitty polish with a toothpick and polka dotted them on the nail. Then I added some loose heart glitter I got from online from www.DollishPolish.com

My ring finger is Mod About You again only this time with a white nail art striper I drew the top half of Hello Kitty's face on the tips and added a Bow sticker that came with the Hello Kitty polish. I used a toothpick with black and yellow nailpolish to add her eyes, whiskers, and nose). I got this idea from katikuykuy's photostream on Flickr.

The pinky finger is one coat of Color Club Foil Me Once, a really opaque light pink foil.




Et voila! Hello Kitty Nails! I hope you like them as much as I do :)


No comments:

Post a Comment